A property's Building Energy Rating (BER) must be included in all sale and rental advertisements.
Guidelines for selling or renting
When offering a property for sale or rent you must ensure that:
- The current BER rating for the building is stated in all advertisements. All advertisements means public announcements in: newspapers, magazines, brochures, leaflets, advertising notices, vehicles, radio, television, internet (including apps and social media), and direct mail.
- Prospective buyers and renters can see the BER rating prominently in all advertisements
- If images of the property are used the BER rating type displayed should be the BER Alphanumeric Rating Motif for the particular property.
The BER advertising requirements are set out in the Energy Performance of Building Regulations found in the Irish Statute Book.
BER artwork files
Choose the BER artwork files you require to download in zip format. These contain the correct visuals for displaying a BER.
Opening the zipped artwork files
Zip files are compressed folders containing several folders and files. You may need to download a data compression tools, such as WinZip to open the file.
Image types in the files
The zip files contain both EPS and PNG file types. PNG file types can be viewed using most graphic viewers. EPS files are generally only viewed using illustration software such as Adobe Illustrator etc.
Viewing the images
- Click on a link e.g. 'A Rating artwork files', depending on the setup of your system you should be able to view or download the files contained within the zipped file.
- Open the 'A_BER' folder.
- Open the folder 'A_BER_RGB_Web_and_PC' (Note. in order to view the motifs immediately, the 'Web_and_PC' folder must be selected to view or download)
- Open either the dual or single folder, depending on the type required.
- Open the 'PNG' folder.
- Double click on the rating that you want to view. This should open automatically in your default image viewer, if not you should consult with your system administrator or an IT specialist.